25 January 2006

Radio National again


Update: The ABC has since I posted this contacted me and apologised for the stuff up.


Just as I was composing a post congratulating ABC Radio National on its new program schedule I received an email from the producers of Bush Telegraph telling me that my guestbook post commenting on outback fuel prices had been approved.

This is what I submitted on 5 October last year:

Your report today on fuel prices in Central Australia may have been compiled when prices were at their highest. I drove from Darwin to Adelaide in early September on the last leg of an 8,500 km outback trip and was pleasantly surprised how low prices were compared to the cities now and compared to a previous trip in 1998. In September the difference between city and outback prices was rarely more than 20c a litre: about the same as it was seven years ago. Even where prices are higher they are usually justified by remoteness. Even if I don't need fuel I usually buy something from each roadhouse where I stop as they provide an important service to outback travellers.

Is this too controversial for the ABC to deal with promptly? At least they haven't edited/ censored it.

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my aarp hotel discounts montana site.
Have a good day!